Friday, April 13, 2007

ALL OR NOTHING!

See, it’s like this:

I’m the kind of person who is consumed by the heart

and I never burn out because of it.

In a way my heart is in overdrive because it knows what it wants

and won’t allow me to settle for a little bit of LOVE here and there.

There is no earthly way MAN can connect with

unless HE gives me HEART, BODY AND SOUL!

So as the whole worlds unfold, shadows and darkness descend

And you slip into the dark night,

Directed to nowhere special.

I DARE YOU TO SEEK THE LIGHT!

I am here waiting, sitting

@ the right hand of GOD

And I seeking the LOVE he promised me

Long before I came.

But the crazy thing is that

I know that this might seem like I am smug

or basking in my own self-important.

But the fact is that I want ALL of YOU

and I am sorry I can’t turn back now.

I have come to realize

that the path away from MARTYRDOM is a slippery slope

and I am going to stick to the trail.

ISN’T IT A MYSTERY HOW LIFE CAN BE SO CRUEL,

TAKING AWAY OUR SOULS

& WE DO NOTHING

BUT PLAY OUR PART IN THIS EVERLASTING CHARADE?

So how then do I accept you?

How can I in this lifetime accept sub-par

When I know I am destined for more?

So don’t tell me you LOVE me

Because if you don’t’ mean it

I will see the words as they trip over your lips

And fall to the floor.

Don’t tell me you want to make me happy

When you are not

Because all you are doing is tearing yourself up.

That will go in one ear

And out the other

And fall to floor

Where I stamp and kill it.

GIVE THIS B!TCH ALL OR NOTHING!

Stop treating my heart like a like an old bill

Being passed through a paper shredder.

STOP trying to shred the very essence of my soul.

STOP trying to puncture my insides with your dull knife.

You are full of empty actions and feelings

And I will not be vulnerable to the elements because of you

And I refuse to leave myself on the floor

Waiting for the janitor to clean me up.

He will not treat me like I don’t matter

…All I am ever given is

Disappointment
Misery
And
Guilt
Give me all or nothing

Do you understand me?

Or are they just meaningless words?
© tgk

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!