Saturday, June 9, 2007

TEAR.ALONG.THE.DOTTED.LINE

Isn’t funny WE have no sense of history?

No passed down culture;

No anchor to keep us from floating away.

There is no yesterday

And today is dressed in a designer clothing line

Sold as tomorrow.

We are disconnected. In one way, it is good.

We are able to make our own realities,

We are not locked into a perpetual cycle

Of what has already been.

However, we are locked in different cycles.

The vacuum has been filled.

It has been filled with crap.

Try to break the disconnect;

Stop poking ourselves in the eye.

Why I am I the connect?

Why am I stretch between two growling dogs?

Why can’t the future and past meet?

Why can’t we be of something?

We are lost beings going in random directions

Looking for something meaningful

But just end up at the barstool of life;

Surrounded by corpses.

Why don’t we know that the beautiful things make us?

Why I grind my teeth in anger?

Why do these things make me see that…?

Nothing is anything.

Tell me, is this normal?

Is this human?

Hell, I have no idea.

No one ever admits truth anymore

It pins them down,

They get uncomfortable,

And do something typical.

This is killing me.

This life is so obvious.

Too weak; too easy.

Nothing more than a tamed jalapeno,

Some of the flavor and none of the fire.

Maybe things get lost in translation,

Maybe things should get broken in shipping.

Maybe people get broken on the journey.

Maybe the fun part of life is trying to glue each other back together…

And the cycle goes back to the beginning.
© tgk

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of Wake Up by Alanis Morissettehttp://www.pcplanets.com/lyrics-text-3332-.shtml

    ReplyDelete

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!