Friday, January 18, 2008

LAST~NIGHT


Sleep does not come easy,



Silently breathing,



A cracked heart.



Only wishing for the moonlight to trickle down on my eyes,



Like delicate tears…



Does the Moon hear my heart cry?



Rage has fallen slightly on me!



It oppresses my mind,



And sleep will not start,



But oh so tired here I'm lying,



Tired of living,



Tired of dying.



In the distance I hear the phone ring



Then there is the shuffle of feet,



And I raise my head,



Hoping that he heard my plea



Because I can’t be without him



And I don’t want to learn how.



So once more to my God I secretly pray,



Praying for him to make a way,



To open his arms, and reveal a path,



That will soften my heart,



Send him to my bed



And end my wrath.


© tgk

1 comment:

  1. Hey B,this is a beautiful poem. I am sorry I had to be away from you that night.It was just as difficult for me as it was for you B and I had trouble sleeping as well. Trust me i wish that we don't have to be apart from you another night.Its just not the same without you there.

    ReplyDelete

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!