Tuesday, November 25, 2008

COMING OUT...AGAIN!







So I was talking with my ex boss the
other day and as usual she was expressing her joy about me finding employment;
and it is @ this time she said to me
 NOT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT MY SEXUALITY. Now I get why she said this to me because when I was working
with her, both she and my supervisor knew that I am gay. However, she seems to
forget that
 I NEVER told any of them, she
knew because she has a best friend that is gay and we know of each other.


Nonetheless, I find this thing about
sexuality
 SO interesting. Moreover, I find it STRANGE that there are persons SO interested
in what I do sexually. Though I don’t dread my sexuality, I don’t feel a need
to come out over
 AND over AGAIN! The thing about COMING OUT…AGAIN and to whom is one of
the most pivotal
 AND personal
decisions one will ever make. It's the first step in building relationships
with family and friends that are based on honesty and openness, instead of the
stressful and never-ending need to hide.


I find that BEING IN THE CLOSET is just that; it is a place of ISOLATION that has it many draw backs. Though a gay person knows that
s/he isn’t the only gay person in the world, it is STILL
 a dangerous thing to let
someone know about your sexuality. Though I am technically IN the closet, I am
 SURE that
my shoes are peaking out. I guess it is like they say
 WITH AGE COMES…so this time I will NOT be
dragged out like I was when I was 20. When I think about that time, I thank God
that I found who I was and stayed strong in that because something like this
can
 DEFINITELY break person. Even though I now live with the zeal AND enormous relief that I no longer have to suppress my sexual
identity, I rather
 NOT discuss it with
persons that can’t appreciate it. And when I say appreciate it, I mean learn to
leave well enough alone…

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!