Saturday, June 20, 2009

¿HAPPY FATHER'S DAY?

The idea of fatherhood is both personal and universal. We all have ideal concepts surrounding fatherhood, and we also have our real fathers—fathers who were there or not there for us, fathers who provided financial support for our families or failed to do so, fathers who loved or neglected us, fathers who were our role models or gave us someone to rebel against. In a time when mothers, the sacred feminine and female energy are being honored, it is important not to forget the importance of fathers. When this day comes around I always reflect on the father that never got to know me and I always feel sad for him because he won’t hear me say HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to him; and though I’ve reconciled who he is mentally AND fertilely I can’t help but wonder how he must feel on a day like this…How many of you would be celebrating this day with your father?





2 comments:

  1. Supposed to golf with my dad. The weather may be a deterrent. My biological father? Nah, can't be bothered. My mom used to make me call him, but a couple years back I stopped even bothering that much.

    ReplyDelete

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!