Tuesday, January 12, 2010

¿REAL MEN WEAR PINK...RIGHT? (HERE IT COMES AGAIN!)





So last week Friday, I decided to wear a PINK shirt to work…you would think that I would have learned from doing it on previous jobs but… @ First I hesitated because I knew how most feel about men wearing a shirt that color. But something in me kicked in and I threw it on with a pair of jeans. When I arrive to work, I could feel the eyes on me…you know the stares that say, is he REALLY wearing that? I find it SO interesting that SO many care about what is placed on MY body. @ The end of the day it is all about what pleases me and NOT them…right?

So I made it to lunch time and my co-worker who is just as crazy as I am came to the supervisor as I was with her. He then asks her if she is going to mandate that both of us wear pink shirts from now on. She then looked @ him like he was from another planet and was like NO! Then he asks her if one of us come to work with a dress on, what would she say and/or do about it? She then said, well as long the work is done I could care less what you are wearing! I smiled as he looked like he was about to pass out from what she said. I would like to think that @ that moment he realized that this pink shirt business is SO stupid because it is just that…A SHIRT!

But I don’t expect him or the MANY others that feel this way to get some common sense about what feel a man should/shouldn’t wear. My life is ALL ABOUT DOING WHAT FULFILLS ME! I control what is placed on this body of mine and no one make me feel less than because of what I CHOOSE to wear. So I will continue to disregard the IGNORANT thoughts of my co-worker and the MANY like him that exist in this world. I know that MY confidence gives me something they can’t even give themselves because they are SO concerned about looking and being like each other. But between you, me and couple dead people, I feel that my co-worker is into me on some level because every 5-10 minutes this guy is bothering with me…cracking jokes, talking a bunch of shit and teasing me…I guess P!NK is right when says WE ARE ALL PINK ON THE INSIDE…However the difference here is that I wear mine on the outside as well…



No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!