Sunday, March 7, 2010

¿CAN RELIGIOUS FOLK CLAIM IGNORANCE?


I am the type of man that can accept the choices I make and the things I believe; and contrary to popular belief, I do NOT believe that I am going to hell for being in LOVE with man. The MANY that are SO sure that they are right that they cannot conceive anything else happening to me. However, my question to them is what happens if you are wrong? What if your god does NOT punish me? Do you accept your mistake and say you were brain wash and claim religious ignorance? 

It would be REAL interesting for me to see them try doing away with the false programming that dictated to them what is right and wrong. Can you hear them say that they were VERY vulnerable and that the things they were told simply became embedded deeply influencing behavior throughout their lives? After spending SO much time hating on folks like me, how does their god give them what they are SO sure he isn’t going to give us? Wasn’t it they who allowed religion to make them believe they'll be rewarded with infinite bliss in the afterlife with NO way to prove whether or not this true? 

Though I don’t agree with their beliefs, I get why they wouldn’t/couldn’t question or examine them…But to go through life believing that their God must hate certain folks should be MORE than enough reason to do so. Moreover, how can such a belief be accepting when it is based on oppression and injustice? No matter how one looks @ it, claiming ignorance later and living in it now does NOT excuse what it has done to us that are “hell bound!” I know that I beat this dead horse religiously, but I can’t help but ask when are they going to see that religion just short-circuits their brains?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!