Sunday, November 24, 2013

MAGIC JOHNSON TOLD ANTI-GAY PASTORS THAT HE LOVES HIS GAY SON


Earvin “Magic” Johnson said in an Anderson Cooper 360 interview that he loves his gay son.

Johnson, who tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, more than two decades ago, described himself as “the blessing and the curse of HIV.”

“I'm the blessing because people were talking about it, they ran out and got tested at that time,” Johnson told host Anderson Cooper. 

“Then I'm the curse because … people now say, 'Oh well, HIV is nothing because if I get it I can be like Magic. He's doing good, and I can do the same thing he's doing or take the same medicine he's taking and I'll be okay.' But what they don't understand, in 22 years, millions of people have died.”

On his 20-year-old gay son E.J., Johnson said “it was important that Cookie and I support our son. We love our son.”


And to pastors and Christians who voiced opposition, Johnson said he told them: “Hey, I love my son, nothing is going to change that. I don't care if you don't agree and you don't want to deal with me or don't like me, that's on you, but I said tell me when it hits your own family.”

SOURCE: ON TOP MAGAZINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!