Friday, January 22, 2016

I DIDN'T RANT...


I keep reading that my blog entries about religion are rants. This would be troubling to me if I didn't understanding, a rant is an explosive diatribe, a poorly articulated spewing of raw emotion. To successfully write a rant one would need to use a lot of foul language and a small army of exclamation points. Any casual reading of my blog would, I believe, suggest quite the opposite. I have always steered clear from hyperbolic venting, preferring to make my case in subtle, understated ways. In fact, if any one word were to be used to describe my entries, I think it would be "stealthy." Or perhaps "subversive." If I were to use two words, I might go with "winkingly clever." But "rant"? I hardly think so. 

In the meantime, I will continue to calmly offer my opinion regarding the world as I see it, right here. If, for some reason, my detractors find that unacceptable, I will not stoop to using ugly words and exclamation points. Winkingly clever requires inference.

 Go inference yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!