Monday, January 4, 2016

START THE NEW YEAR...

You're probably starting to feel the New Year's resolution monster looming over the horizon. 

And with it, the pile of past failures, unkept resolutions, and disappointments.

It's an all-too-common experience, but I'm going to suggest a subtle tweak to it this time around.

Instead of looking at everything that's WRONG in your life and saying, "In 2016, I have to fix X..."

I'd like you to look at everything that is RIGHT in your life and say, "In 2016, I'm going to make it even better!"

Subtle, but when you start with the positive, acknowledging the good, feeling gratitude for what you've done right, then, from there, real change can take place.

It's time to stop the self-recrimination, angst, and shame that comes with "failing".  It's why in EFT Tapping, we open with, "Even though I ... fill in the blank with the problem/emotion/current condition... I love and accept myself."


Start the New Year loving and accepting yourself FIRST... NOT after you've done the thing, made the change, etc,. THEN, the change will happen.

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding advice! I always share with others that no matter if we stray from our original resolutions, it is never too late to return to the list and move on. Love and naked hugs, my fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HNY! Hope we see each other even more this year. :) Let's make it a good one. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!