How much needles stress are you carrying around right now?
Do you feel burdened by life's uncontrollable circumstances and your own emotional issues?
Becoming more grounded and happy starts with letting go of worry and stress. I learned this the hard way in my own journey about a decade ago, through overcoming the loss of two loved ones, healing myself from depression, and walking away from a career in corporate America to follow my heart and be a successful writer, life coach, and entrepreneur. In the process, I had to let go of many things to become the person I am today.
Physically, emotionally, and spiritually I had to learn how to let go of the person I thought I was in order to be the person I was capable of being. Letting go of anything in life can be scary, but it can also be an amazing act of self-love.
Letting go of my worries and stress made a difference for me; of course I still dip in and out of some very stressful circumstances from time to time, but I've found this quick reference list a good reminder of what I need to strive for on a daily basis in order to feel better and think effectively.
1. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It's time to move on and tell a new story.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for making yourself a priority. (from the “Self-Love” chapter of our book)
3. Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.
4. Let go of your fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself. And remember that you don’t need to know it all first. We learn the way on the way.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don't want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don't like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever" was exactly what you wanted.
8. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and ex friends. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn't mean the love was wrong. It’s what you needed at the time to learn and grow. (from the “Relationships” chapter of our book)
9. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and set a great example.
10. Let go of thinking you are damaged and flawed; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are. You are not the shape of your body or the number on some scale. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
11. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
12. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go. (from the “Goals and Success” chapter of our book)
And of course, if you're struggling with any of these points, know that you are not alone. Many of us are right there with you, working hard to feel better, think more clearly, and live a life free of regrets.