Tuesday, August 2, 2016

MAKING GAY FRIENDS AFTER 30 (PART III)

My quest to make new gay friends – after turning the big 3-0 – has in some ways, come full circle. (Feel free to catch up with Part1 and Part 2 here).
I’ve gone from not having gay friends, but wanting to have some. To actively seeking and making gay friends, but it wasn’t as good as I thought it would be. To having just a couple of close gay friends, which is just fine with me. Let me explain.
This whole process of actively seeking out gay male friends has taught me a lot. A lot has happened since the last update. The friends that we made living out here, turned out not be such nice guys after all. Not long after my last post about them (where things were honestly progressing well), I soon discovered that they were bitchy, weird and possibly not nice people. Basically all the outdated, stereotypical assumptions made about gay guys. Which really sucks!

I really wanted to like these guys. And I tried. I made a lot of effort. I helped them out when they needed a hand. I listened to them as they recounted all the issues that were going on in their lives. I listened. I included them. I was being what I consider to be a good friend. The problem was it was all a one way street.

SOURCE: LITTLE GAY BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!