Tuesday, December 6, 2016

LADY GAGA VOWS TO USE HER VOICE 'TO PROTECT SOCIAL PROGRESS' IN TRUMP'S AMERICA

Lady Gaga is not buying the “Perfect Illusion” being spread by most Republicanssince Election Day, the sentiment that all will be fine for the LGBTQ community under president-elect Donald Trump.

As PinkNews reported, the pop icon spoke on a London red carpet with a British TV interviewer, and vowed to stand up, and not be silent:

“What is very important to me is that the LGBTQ community in America knows myself as well as everyone else who loves them are going to do everything that we can to protect the social progress we have made over the last eight years.

“The truth is, political progress cannot happen unless there is social progress… things cannot work unless people like each other, unless people are kind to one another.

“I am here to be, in any way that I can, a person that reminds us all that above anything else is kindness.

“We need to stay in a kind place and we need to bond during this time, and be as harmonious as possible, and intelligent in the way we approach this.”

Asked about her new image, she said: “I’ve done a lot in my career. I’m sure there’s many people who would say ‘Lady Gaga’s not role model. Did you see this performance? Did you see that performance?’

But the truth is that when I was younger… I didn’t quite understand the amount of attention that I had [or] the amount of people that would listen to me.


“I am older now and I am aware of my voice in the world and I want to be as much of a role model as I can be.”

SOURCE: LGBTQ NATION

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!