Thursday, November 20, 2008

SHE’S A B!TCH




So yesterday I was wondering what makes someone become a B!TCH? I am thinking that we were all born with a certain set of compassion AND understand for each other; yet somewhere along the way we somehow loose that. How does this happen? These questions brings me to the INTERESTING DAY I HAD @ WORK YESTERDAY. I’ve been working for a month now and I am trying to grasp the ANTIQUATED, NON-PRODUCTIVE and F&CKED UP system the company has going on. First and foremost there is NO job description so EVERYONE is pretty much just doing whatever and I get that there is NO real sense of direction in this place (sadly this is the state of 99% of the businesses here in the Bahamas). So after getting the tasks done that my boss kept piling on me (whose job I can do with relative ease by the way), I noticed this fax on my desk. I took it to her knowing full well that she was going to have a Chinese baby right in front of me (she had two by the way) and they were both breached. So there was a problem with a shipment and the company was letting us know that we were past our credit line and that though the items weren’t due for payment we needed to make a payment. Now me in my INFINITE wisdom, I asked her well how do you handle this stuff? She looked me dead in the eye (which later she explained that she looked @ me funny because she had a stiff neck) and told me that this is my problem and that I need to take care of it. Now I am the kind of man that wears what he is thinking on his face (especially when shit is first spewed in my direction) so I know she saw that. The thing about this situation is that the general manager and director orders stuff like there is a fire sale and don’t inform us in accounts of what they are doing. However, I am supposed to know what they are doing even when they don’t know? So as my boss was carrying on I tried my hardest to choose words that were diplomatic while getting my point across (and she got the message loud and clear). I kept thinking if I didn’t need this job LORD KNOWS! I couldn’t wait for my lunch to come and when it did I came home to get a change of scenery and clear my head. It was then I remembered that my horoscope had said that there will be conflict for the first half of my day, I don’t pay attention to that stuff but I thought to myself that they maybe onto something…Nonetheless, after my lunch my boss called me into her office and told me that she just wants me to understand how important things are and if something goes wrong heads will roll. I just stared @ her and said that I DON’T NEED YOU TO SPEAK TO ME IN THE WAY YOU DID BECAUSE I AM LEARNING HOW DO THINGS HERE (WHICH IS SO F&CKED UP!) OF COURSE YOU KNOW I DIDN’T WORK FOR THE REST OF THE DAY & ANY FEELING OF GOODWILL THAT I FELT TOWARDS THE COMPANY HAS BEEN KILLED. SHE LOVES STAYING BEHIND WORKING LATE, TRYING TO GET ME TO STAY…BUT YESTERDAY MY ASS WAS GONE BY 5:30 WHICH THE TIME I LEAVE THAT PLACE…BUT I AM GLAD THAT SHE WAS A B!TCH BECAUSE IT MADE ME SEE THAT I DON’T WANT TO MAKE A LIFE HERE WITH NOEL IN THE BAHAMAS & I REALIZED THAT I HAVE JUST HAVE A JOB THAT DOESN’T OFFER ANY BENEFITS, NO MEDICAL, THAT MAKES ME WORK 8 HOURS A DAY THAT INCLUDES A LUNCH HOUR WHICH THEY DON’T PAY ME FOR…YEAH @ $400.00 A WEEK I LOVE DEALING WITH A B!TCH THAT MAKES $1,200.00 A WEEK THAT CAN MORE THAN MAKE MY ENDS MEET…AIN’T WORKING WITH A B!TCH JUST A JOY?

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!