Friday, November 21, 2008

THE BLACK, WHITE N' GREEN...


As an intelligent light skinned man I am so embarrassed to even think of the ignorance of comparing our skin color. Call it a GROSS ignorance on my part, but it seems like discussions of race often focus on how life differs for people who aren't white from those who are. I guess you can say that I was COLORBLIND because I have this weird notion that we as people were JUDGED on merit INSTEAD of skin color. However my current place of employment proves that I am DEAD wrong. Last week proved that I couldn’t ignore the 10,000 pound elephant sitting in the room because I saw first hand what racism is. The managers @ my current place of employment are white…THEY HAVE THE BEST OF EVERYTHING…INSURANCE COVERAGE, BETTER PAY…PERKS, you name they have it. I guess it is NO surprise that my co-workers and I are living from paycheck to paycheck trying to make a dime out of a nickel while being slaves @ this modern day plantation. So I guess with that said I shouldn’t be surprised that management feels that either my co-worker or I stole THIRTY dollars from the company’s deposit. She wrote it up, I checked it over and it was fine. However the bank called saying that it was not and of course we were practically grilled about that for about a week. I mean THIRTY dollars cannot put gas in our cars, THIRTY dollars cannot buy anything of substance from the grocery store…THIRTY dollars can’t do much of anything. Yet there is this thing in the air that we must taken the money because it isn’t there. I know if it were one of their white counterparts they wouldn’t even discuss this to this extent (no wonder they steal millions from each other). But whatever, if I were to steal I am going down for REAL dough. My name AND reputation means more to me than anything else. I know that they feel threatened by the likes of my co-worker and me because we know our REAL history; we know what was taught to us from the white man and how he feels that because he smiles @ us and pretend to care about how we spend time after working hours that we buy his bullshit. SORRY HE HAS TO TRY SOME OTHER NEGRO! I JUST WONDER IF IT TOO LATE TO HELP THE ONES THAT WORKED THERE FOR SO MANY YEARS ON END? THEY’VE WORKED WITHOUT RAISES OR BONUSES…I GUESS IT LIKE MY EX-BOSS USE TO SAY, I DON’T SEE WHY MY STAFF MAKES NOISE ABOUT NOT GETTING RAISES WHEN HE HAS TO PAY THE EXACT AMOUNT THEY PAY FOR THE PRICE OF BREAD. I ALWAYS FIND THAT FUNNY BECAUSE HE LEAVES THE STORE WITH CHANGE & LOADS OF BUTTER FOR THAT BREAD WHILE WE BARELY AFFORDED THE DAMN BREAD…BUT WHAT DO I KNOW? I KNOW THAT THE GAP AS FAR AS EDUCATION IS CONCERNED IS SLOWLY BUT SURELY CLOSING. THE PRIVILEGE WITH THEIR FAKE SMILES & SEPARATISTS ATTITUDE ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD; & THOUGH I MAYBE CONSIDER A LOWER CLASS BY DEFAULT DUE TO THE COLOR OF MY SKIN; BUT TO ENTERTAIN THE NOTION THAT MY CO-WORKER OR COULD/WOULD STEAL THIRTY DOLLARS FROM A COMPANY THAT HAS NO SYSTEM IN PLACE IS CRAZY. I MEAN WHY STEAL THIRTY DOLLARS WHEN THE PRODUCT IS RIPE FOR THE TAKING? I GUESS IT JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT WHEN BLACK N’ WHITE MIX THE GREY AREAS GET ALL F&CKED UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!