Monday, November 15, 2010

¿WHAT IS IT ABOUT McDONALDS & BLACK AMERICANS?


So I am watching the other day and a commercial came on, it was McDonald's Ad. Now I've many over the years, but something hit me, WHY DOES mcDONALD'S ALWAYS FEATURE BLACK AMERICANS? But I have to give it to the fine folks @ McDonald’s; in these trying economic times, they prove their marketing savvy by creating some of the most catchy, stereotypical commercials to keep Black folks coming back for more McRibs and Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits[1]. Case in point is the latest installment in their “R&B McNuggets” series, which combines three things Negroes simply can not resist: Chicken, R&B Music, and Lightskinnded Women. Witness this…
This is one of the stupidest commercials I have ever seen. Why are these people singing about McNuggets? Do black people sing about everything? This chicken seduction is over the top even for MickieDs. Tell me what you think? Don't commercials like this FURTHER segregate the black community in America by portraying McDonald's as the the next place after the barbershop and beauty salon to be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!