The highly anticipated The Hunger Games: Catching Fire launches this Friday, November 22. The trailer looks exciting and I really liked the first movie so I won't miss this sequel, will you?
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- The first film was a breakout phenomenon, grossing $152.5 million on opening weekend and $408 million domestically.
- Star Jennifer Lawrence's popularity has only increased in the last year and a half, largely due to her Oscar-winning role in Silver Linings Playbook following The Hunger Games.
- The fan base of the books has continued to grow since last year.
- This installment gains the benefit of an IMAX run from day one.
- Twitter, Flixster, and Facebook activity have been exceptional over the last few weeks.
- The original film was in new territory for a franchise-starter performing at the box office levels that it did.
- With Thor: The Dark World and The Best Man Holiday pulling respectively strong numbers, competition is stiffer for Catching Fire than it was for its predecessor.
- The young female-heavy appeal of the franchise is somewhat similar to that of Harry Potter and, to a lesser extent, Twilight.
- Will curious non-fans show up on opening weekend again?