Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WENTWORTH MILLER: COMING OUT ALLOWED ME TO ALIGN MY PUBLIC, PRIVATE PERSONAS

Actor-writer Wentworth Miller says coming out gay allowed him to align his public and private personas.

Miller, who is best known for his role as Michael Scofield in the Fox seriesPrison Break, came out gay last year.

In speaking to men's fashion glossy Details about his upcoming film The Loft, Miller was asked whether coming out was a relief.

“I feel more fully expressed,” the 42-year-old actor said. 

“After Prison Break, I came to grips with the fact that my public persona was in misalignment with how I actually felt. I was out to a handful of people in my twenties, and once I hit 30, I was out to family and friends. But professionally, I was feeding a fantasy. I created this air of 'We don't address that thing.'”

“Do you ever regret lying in interviews by saying 'I'm not gay'?”

“My face was on billboards,” Miller answered, “and I thought it was my job to act a certain way. But I think audiences knew to a certain degree.”

SOURCE: ON TOP MAG

No comments:

Post a Comment

TODAY IS SUMMER LEISURE DAY!